The Pitt Global Hub and the University Center for International Studies invite current faculty to hold 15-minute Hub Talk (TED Talk-style) presentations on their globally- and/or internationally-focused research topics and/or upcoming courses. This program will be an opportunity for experts in the Pitt community to promote their research topics and courses in an informal setting, as well as receive interdisciplinary feedback that can enhance their projects.
The format of each program will be as follows:
- DATES STILL AVAILABLE: 9/24, 10/29, 11/19
- Presentations will be casual and take place in the Pitt Global Hub’s Living Room area
- Each program will have two presenters
- Each presenter will speak for 15 minutes with 5-10 minutes for Q&A
- Presenters will have the option of using a wireless handheld microphone OR lavalier microphone
- Presenters will have the option of having their presentation recorded
Presenters will need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Have a research topic with a global and/or international focus
- Research can be recently completed OR in progress
- Prepare a 15-minute maximum presentation
- Please note that this is a strict time limit. The goal is to keep the presentations succinct and engaging.
- Provide a 25-50 word abstract of their topic and a short (50-100 words) biography
- Indicate their preferred presentation date
- Provide target audience for whom the talk will be of interest (e.g. undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, specific departments, etc.)
- Provide visuals to complement the presentation
- We are looking for complementary images or pertinent visual examples. Please try to use as minimal text as possible.
- When using images, please look for as high-resolution files as possible. Any questions about this should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All visuals should be submitted as .pptx files.
- Please note that the nature of our presentation screen prevents laser pointers from showing up effectively. We discourage the use of visuals that will require a laser pointer.
- Visuals must be emailed to email@example.com at least 24 hours ahead of program date and time.
- Presenters who wish to be recorded must let us know at least 3 weeks ahead of program date and time.
If you are interested in presenting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “First Name Last Name – Hub Talk Submission” and include your school affiliation, tentative presentation title, and abstract.